iHealthCure-Laboratory Information System (iHC-LIS) is design to receive, organize and respond of laboratory investigation services. iHC-LIS is HL7, LOINC, CPT, and HIPAA compliant, thus is fully capable of integration with any analyzer. Once a lab investigation is ordered, a flag on the screen is visible to alert the lab personnel to view, acknowledge, and prioritize the request after billing/ payment processes. Once the result is ready and verified by the pathologist an email & SMS is generated and send to patient verified report.
Problem with Solution
It can be said that it is mandatory for any healthcare facility as well as standalone laboratory to have a LIS, except this operation and smooth functionality of laboratory for better patient care is very difficult. Laboratory information is a cornerstone of the Electronic Medical Record (EMR). Clinicians rely heavily on laboratory test results and interpretations to make critical decisions that govern patient diagnosis, treatment and dictate resource utilization. Laboratory services affect 60 to 70 percent of all critical clinical decisions, such as admission, discharge, and drug therapy etc.
iHC-LIS provides a scalable system based on n-tier architecture that can be expanded easily as the facility grows. It also provides an operational environment which ensures the security and integrity of the system and its data.
The Laboratory Information System is a mission-critical component of their overall corporate Information Systems (IS) and is thus directly linked to performance. We iHC-LIS propose best practice guidelines for implementing the LIS to address the key challenges identified in any laboratory. We automate workflows, integrate instruments, and manage samples and associated information. This results in saving precious man-hours and improving the overall efficiency translating into more business opportunities and an enhanced research environment.
- Patient registration with its demographic
- Tracking of sample and test status using barcode, lab no etc
- Machine integration as per HL-7, Data capturing, reduce the manual errors
- Verified workflow for pathologist
- Auto highlighting of abnormal test results along with previous results linkage
- Customizable print formats
- Send report by email to referrers and patients even via mobile app
- Archival for all test reports and medical records
- Quality control, Quality assurance
- Confidential, secure and auditable information
To Book a Test
For Billing, Invoice and Payment Verification
For Sampling and Batching
To train a New User
- Cognitive workflows
- Monitoring and control the laboratory workflow process
- Dramatically reduced turnaround time
- Complete track of financials
- Work-lists at every step – phlebotomist, technologist, pathologist, administrator
- Designed for organizations seeking to standardize a LIS across all labs
- Increased productivity with less staff
- Integrate-able with Analyzers Automation System
- Improved patient safety and accuracy
- No fraudulent entries in the system, since integrate-able
- Authorized and HIPAA based access to doctors and other staff
- Efficient data storage and retrieval
- Auditors friendly – all transactions related to Audit
- Normal ranges based on gender, age, analyzers, and specimen
- 0% Human Error
- Statistical reports
- Flexible and user-based reporting templates
- Support multi organization behavior
iHealthCure Mobile App for LIS Support
iHC-LIS come with additional support of Hi-tech iHealthCure Mobile App, with help of this app patient can book lab tests, along with home sampling and pay fee for tests either online or at lab with the schedule appointment
Booking / Order Management
It keeps the track of the lab investigation request when it was received, verification of payment, sample / test status, turnaround time, prioritize requests etc.
At phlebotomy, system supports barcode labeling. It prints and scan barcodes for sample ID and other information while utilizing the barcode for sample & batch handling. It includes scheduling, logging, container labeling, distributing to the designated analysts and storing.
Laboratory analysis schedule used to support daily planning of analytical activities, once analyses have been scheduled, a status kept to allow users to query on any analysis status. The status could also be used for event triggering such as calibration notice, quality assurance and quality control.
Data Capturing, Result Entry & Verification Management
This function serves to receive, organize and enter the raw data from analyzers directly with 0% human error. Interfacing with lab analyzer is available as per HL7 protocol. For routine analyses, the system allows for validation process as per role configurable by authorized laboratory personnel. Result status used to trigger the comparison with corresponding ranges along with gender. The result marked as verified once passed through verification process.
This function serves the activities surrounding output and delivery of the verified Results. All reports are configurable and easy to use. Highly configurable LIS with the ability for the user to customize the workflow process, the configuration of the calculations, reports and forms. Accessible from tablets, smartphones through the mobile APP directly for patients to view the results, download the test reports and invoices, without the need for external portal.
Billing & Payment Receipt
The system has ability to generate the payment receipt of investigation request and define medical billing process as per organization policy and ability to bill the patient before / after rendering the services as per the define category of the patient for medical billing. System has the flexibility to configure.
Lab investigation services ordered, planned, booked, and performed from all departments, sub departments in any date range filter. It also provides reporting capability to track general performance of the lab. It is very easy to create the reports or pull this information from the solution as per the requirement.